Friday 7 September 2007

Etisalat welcome you back to UAE

“Etisalat welcome you back to UAE.”

That’s the SMS text I received when I arrived Dubai last Saturday. This is the 5th time I come here this year. That means the local service provider keeps my data and the “machine” recognizes that I am a “returnee”.

Every time I come here, there’s something new. There are plenty of cranes around the city and there are always some building or structure under construction. I have been staying in the same hotel and I can see all the construction taking place across the road. In front of the buildings there are pillars. It will be bridges and fly-over all over the place. Their leader, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, is also putting lots of investment in education. He is building the “software” and “hardware” at the same time. He is really a visionary leader.



Talking about building, very soon the “Burj Dubai” (Tower of Dubai) will be completed. It will be the highest building in the world. I heard that they have kept extra parts. If there is a higher building somewhere else in the world completed later, they will add the extra parts immediately to maintain its no. 1 status.


No comments: