Monday 16 July 2007

Abu Dhabi

Although Abu Dhabi is the Capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), it is less sophiscated than Dubai. Not every taxi drivers speak nor understand English. Hotel staff are more "relaxed" and don't have an urgency on your request. Some people are saying that Abu Dhabi is competing with Dubai. They need to catch up a lot and there is a distance behind Dubai.
I come back to the hotel near beach, where I stayed in February. I was warmly welcome by a bird in my balcony:



Friday and Saturdy in the Middle East are "weekend". (Sunday is the first working day of the week.) I went for a short self-help city tour on Saturday. It was just too hot to stay on the streets for more than an hour. There were some interesting spots, including this one:



Does it look like a giant lamp from Alladin?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly!